Monday, August 10, 2009

Summer Recap

As much as I think about blogging, I just don't sit down and do it. We did not do any thrilling thing this summer, but it was a nice summer. The weather has been fabulous! Since the a/c in my van causes problems I have been grateful for the cooler days. This week I start back to work at the Montessori school, where Becca will be a Kindergartner this year. I have a few obligations during the week, but I don't work all week. Next Monday is the day--back to full-time work for me and the first day of school for both girls. Bridget is going into second grade!!! Unbelievable. I know many parents are ready for summer to end and get the kids back to school, but I could do this all year.

The girls have been asking for a while if they can get some pink in their hair. It was suggested to them at some time ago (by my hair stylist) and they have not forgotten. I didn't have a good reason to say no, so I let them. I think it looks cute on them. The best part of the whole thing is seeing how other people give me their polite, disapproving opinion.

This weekend, Schaun and I celebrated our 13th anniversary. Thirteen years! We made a change from our annual trip to the Melting Pot and went to J. Gilberts. It was a great choice. The food was delicious! For dessert, I had the BEST chocolate cake ever! Today is our real anniversary and we are celebrating by taking the girls to a movie :-)

We recently added a new friend to our pocket pet collection. We brought home a hedgehog. I have wanted one for a while, so taa-daa! He has not been handled much and doesn't seem to appreciate the dogs staring and panting over him. He comes across a little cranky as he hisses and growls at us, but I will win him over one day.

The photos are showing off the pink, the hedgehog, and one from the 4th of July (just cuz)






No comments: