Friday, December 12, 2008

Baby birds










I went back and checked and I noticed the first chick hatched around November 17 and the other 4 hatched about 1 a day following. So all the babies look a little different each day. These pictures are how they look as they grow, which happens SO fast.

You can see in one picture, which was December 2, that I have 2 babies in my hand. One is feathery and one is not. Today, when I took the most recent pics, three of the babies are out of the nest and trying to fly. Two have not tried to come out yet. It is hard to tell because of the cage, but they all look different too. One is almost all white, one is a blonde color, and the third has a darker stripe down its back. The two in thenest appear to be darker all over, but it is hard to tell for sure.

No comments: