Friday, February 08, 2008

Enough already

I'm done with Winter. In the past, I enjoyed wearing my coats and sweaters. I generally like to bundle up. But enough already! I am T-I-R-E-D of snow and cold. I am tired of shivering all the time! I have not scrapbooked anything in months because it is just too cold downstairs. The few warmer days we had I spent cleaning off a space in the mess and got nothing done. Now it is just getting packed.

Packing is a slow process. I'm really purging stuff. I am a pack rat at heart and it is hard for me to let go of things. Some people understand this, others don't and think it is crazy to be attached to sweater or some other random item. So as I go thru my things, I have to question whether or not I want to actually pack it, take it to the new house and find a place for it. Most of the time I answer no. So now I am having to get rid of all the stuff I'm letting go of. Too bad it just doesn't disappear when I no longer want it.

Packing and counting down. That is really all I think about these days. Two weeks from today is when we close on the house!

4 comments:

KELLY said...

I have a hard time letting go too...
But it will be so nice to start FRESH and organized in your new home! exciting!

Kristin Michelle said...

it feels good to purge! you do not want to take all that crap to your new home!

Mcmuffy said...

I love to hang onto stuff because it reminds me of someone or something. I understand how you feel. But I decided if I claim to be a scrapper I can take pics of it and then let it go. LOL It takes up a lot less space that way. Can't wait to see your new house. Sherry

Lisa said...

I completely GET IT--the letting go of stuff is so hard. But just think of what's just around the corner for you!! I'm so excited for you I could just burst!!