Saturday, December 08, 2007

Breakfast with Santa

Becca's preschool had a little program this morning. It was a pancake breakfast, pictures with Santa and a video presentation of the kids. The video was cute. It was a slideshow of pictures of the school year so far and some video clips of the kids singing songs. They served regular and pumpkin pancakes, so the kids were good and sticky. Bridget was excited because she got to see her former teachers and friends. Becca spent the morning looking around and just seemed distracted. I asked her what she was looking for. Silly me, I thought she was going to say Santa. I should have known, she was looking for Caden. To quote her "He is my boyfriend, so he should be here".

We finally saw Caden and his family when the video was getting set up. They spotted each other across the rows of seats and they both just lit up. Becca moved faster than him and was at his seat in a flash. He was sitting with his grandparents and the gramma said "oh this must be Becca". Then the gramma told me that Caden's mom wanted to get a photo of them together. (In case anybody reading is confused--yes, we are talking about my THREE year old!)

So we sat to watch the show, well Bridget and I did. Becca and Caden stood together in the aisle. Becca would reach over and pat him and fix his hair every once in a while. Then he reached for and held her hand! I wasn't sure if I should laugh or drag her home immediately and lock her up. So when in doubt, just take some photos right?








4 comments:

Kristin Michelle said...

that is the cutest thing ever! at least he is cute!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure about this Caden kid.

Shawn said...

That is so cute!!! Love the santa pics!

Annette said...

Aww. They are just too cute! Great pictures Kerry.