Monday, January 17, 2011

Lord of the Rings

Today is Martin Luther King Day. Funny, I just mis-typed King and typed Kind--hmmm, interesting. Anyway, the girls were out of school today for that and out tomorrow for a teacher work day. The usual deal around here on non-school nights is everybody can stay up as late as wanted--no bedtimes. Bridget is a night owl and loves this. She will stay up until midnight or whenever I go to bed (she doesn't want to be up alone). Becca on the other hand will plead with me, asking if she can go to bed at 8:30 or 9:00. I recently told her that I'm never going to tell her she cannot go to bed. She said she knows that, she just asks because she wants me to know when it is time to come tell her good-night. That made me laugh. Sooooooooo, last night when Becca and Schaun came upstairs and found Bridget and me asleep it was odd. They had been downstairs watching Lord of the Rings. Becca stayed up until 11:30 to watch the whole thing! I was shocked. Then she talked about watching part two with daddy tonight throughout the entire day. That is where she is, down watching the movie with him. This is not her type of movie. She secretly(don't tell her I shared) still loves Dora and most pre-school shows. She loves the Barbie movies too. Lord of the Rings doesn't fit into her genre.

I was thinking about while I was pregnant with Becca (near the end of the pregnancy) we went to see the last Lord of the Rings movie and Becca kicked and moved around in me frantic during that whole movie. I remember this because she was so violent. Maybe that night influenced her into liking this movie now. Just thinking.

No comments: