Monday, October 04, 2010

First Day of 2010-2011 School Year

Yes, I know, I have neglected my blog. It was so bad that I didn't even remember how to log into the site anymore. When I got back in, the whole system has been updated and I had to change things up a bit. I am going to make an effort to stay current, but for now, I'm going back.

Here are some pics from the first day of school this year. 


The girls are going to the same school now. Bridget is in third grade and Becca is in first. They both love their teachers. This year is going so much better than last year. Second grade was such a terrible year that I am already dreading it next year for Becca!  Bridget's teacher has been teaching for some time and she gives me the impression that she is not into the crazy new stuff the school wants her to do. Becca's teacher is young, energetic, loving, but yet, strict enough. Becca needs to be kept in line or she will take advantage of weak adults. Yep, that is true!

We are keeping very busy during the week. We go to 5 hours of dance, 1 hour of cheerleading, 1 hour of math tutor, and some weeks have girl scouts too. We do all those activities on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesdays!  On Thursdays we come home and collapse! Not really, but it is nice to sit down and eat as a family at the end of the week.

I am not working at the montessori school anymore. They were not being very cooperative when it came to letting me have days off for field trips and parties, the important stuff I hate to miss. So I am keeping myself busy being the Girl Scout coordinator for the school and a Brownie leader for 13 third graders. I accepted a position on the PTO board and I am a very official sounding VP2.












No comments: