Tuesday, November 04, 2008

They just amaze and amuse me

First, the breaking news..........

In a VERY serious voice--running in the house from the backyard where she was playing--Bridget says "Mommy, I'm serious. I'm tired of my name. I don't want to be called Bridget any more. I want to be called Rosetta....no wait......I want to be Silver Mist."

Ummmmmm, okay. Can you spell that?

There is a book fair going on at Blue River. After we took Bridget to school, Becca and I stopped in to shop. She picked up a book about the Solar System and was looking thru it. It was a cool but technical book with interactive pages. The front of the book had the Sun and the Planets on it--or so I thought. Becca looked at it, then turned it to me and said "Mommy this is wrong. They forgot Pluto."

I looked at what she was showing me, my mouth gaped open in astonishment. First she was right, but HOW DID SHE KNOW THAT? I looked at her (closed my mouth) and told her that she was right, it wasn't there. I then told her that some people think Pluto is a star and not a planet. I don't know where I got that information from. I don't have any idea if that is really true or not, but that is what I said.

She listened to me and then said "No, they forgot it. It IS a planet."

I believer her. If she can tell me that Pluto is missing when she is 4 , she must be right.

No comments: