Thursday, March 13, 2008

Catholic "Charities"

Okay, so we have gotten rid of everything in the house except for the stuff we promised to Catholic Charities. They told us last week that they would come pick up the 2 sofas and 2 loveseats that we had to give them. They did show up today. They gladly took one set of sofa and loveseat. They took my bedroom set. They took the 4 bags of clothes and shoes. They took the lamps. The second sofa and loveseat was not good enough for them. These people are not really a charity in my opinion. They said they might consider taking it if I gave them a $50 donation. Ummmmmm didn't I just make a donation? They only want things that are almost new so that they can sell them! They are not giving these to people that might need the stuff. If I had known this before I would have given it away on Sunday. Now I still have to deal with this. Crap! Charity-ha! What scammers!

1 comment:

jrchaard said...

Most all charities are that way. They fund their works by selling the old stuff. They do more that way. Plus, selling old stuff is in itself a service as it gives many people an opportunity to purchase things they couldn't afford new, but not get them as a hand out.