Saturday, November 18, 2006

Thanksgiving Tradition

I know there might be one or two that I don't remember, but all Thanksgiving meals for my family take place at my Aunt's house. Oh wait, a couple years back, my brother hosted at his new house. But traditionally, it is at my Aunt's.

It used to be simple. The adults sat at the dining room table and the kids sat at the kitchen table. Nowadays things are not that simple. We have grown in numbers and it is a little crowded. We manage though. Not everybody is sitting at a table, but it is all good.

My family serves a lunchtime meal. This has turned out to be perfect for my marriage. When we finish our meal here, we make a pitstop home to let the dogs out, then we are off for our next meal at my in-laws. They serve a dinner.

The numbers are growing over with this side of my family too but it was always large, so it doesn't seem so different.

Both meals are yummy. I am so glad that nobody expects me to cook too. I don't know what my favorite part is. I love the turkey, mashed potatoes, the stuffing, and my mother in-laws cranberries are so good.

I can't wait for this meal. Got my mouth all watery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kerry, sometime, let me know what your MIL does to her cranberries. I am always looking for something new to make them yummy.